“….set an example for the believers in speech, in, love, in faith and purity.” 1 Tim 4:12
“ In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us”. Titus 2:7- .
The Pastoral Staff has signed and agreed to live by the following standards of conduct. We ask every leader of World Harvest Church to conduct themselves according to the same commitments. Failure to follow these commitments may disqualify you from serving in certain ministries.
- A commitment to walk in love with fellow members and with outsiders; to build good relationships and to do nothing destructive to good relationships such as lying, stealing, cursing, cheating, gossiping, divisiveness, aggressive or violent behavior. In addition, I commit to build up members of WHC in my speech and in my actions and to treat every person with respect and dignity at all times.
2. A commitment to keep from immoral an illegal acts and habits on and off campus. These include taking illegal drugs, getting drunk, compulsive gambling, engaging in sexual activity outside the boundaries of marriage, including
co-habitation, homosexual activity, or any type of criminal behavior. In addition, I commit to refrain from gambling, viewing pornographic material. I commit to conduct my daily life in a manner that insures a good reputation among people inside and outside the church.
3. A commitment to display self-control in all areas of my life. I will display the fruit of the Spirit when it comes to interacting with my family, fellow members and the community.
4. A commitment to be submissive to the Pastor’s direction and that of the ministry directors under whom I serve. This means to abide by the rules and policies adopted by each department. In addition, I commit to speak well of my leaders and to refrain from speaking negatively. I will put my heart into reaching the goals of the leaders God has placed over me.
5. Based on the principles found in 1 Cor. 8, in order to prevent a “weaker brother” from stumbling, the leadership of WHC prefers that leaders refrain from consuming alcohol and tobacco. For the sake of “weaker brothers’ the Pastoral Staff of WHC refrains from any consumption of alcohol and tobacco. In the future, as leaders step into higher levels of ministry responsibilities, pastoral leadership may request individuals to follow the
1 Cor. 8 principles in regards to cultural matters such as alcohol and tobacco.