FUSION CAMP NOW 2020
When: July 20-24th
Time: 9-3pm daily (Check-in begins at 8:30) (Pick-up is between 3:15-3:30pm)
Where: World Harvest Church
Who: Rising 1st-6th Grade Students
Cost: $50 (Cost includes T-shirt, snacks, and lunch on Friday)
Registration Deadline: July 12th
What to bring:
- -Sack Lunch (Except for Friday/Chick-fil-A Day!)
- -Water Bottle
- -Bathing suit underneath their clothes & towel TUESDAY & THURSDAY
Tuesday: WATER WARS
Wednesday: WATER GAMES/SLIP & SLIDE
-7PM Kid’s Service with Pastor Mirek
Thursday: FOAM BUBBLE DAY
Friday: FAMILY FUN DAY
In addition to all the fun we will be having daily powerful services for the kids!
- HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR FUSION CAMP NOW
The following guidelines have taken into consideration the Center for Disease and Control COVID-19 Considerations for Youth and Summer Camps, dated May 19, 2020 and the American Camp Association Camp Operations Guide Summer 2020. The leadership of World Harvest Church Fusion Camp is committed to providing a safe and healthy camp experience for all campers, staff, volunteers and parents. The following “best practices” guidelines and procedures will be communicated to parents, campers, and staff prior to the beginning of Camp and reiterated throughout the camp week, as needed.
Staying Home, when appropriate:
- Campers and/or staff who are ill should stay home.
- Campers and/or staff who have been in recent (14 days) contact with a person with Covid-19 should stay home.
- Campers and/or staff with asthma or other serious underlying health issues should consult their medical provider to assess risk and determine if attendance is acceptable.
- Parents/legal guardians of all campers will provide a statement that their camper is not ill and/or has no underlying respiratory or serious health issues.
- Parents/legal guardians should review with camper proper behaviors re: hand washing, cough/sneezing etiquette, physical distancing, no sharing of food, drinks, clothing or other personal items.
- Parents may provide campers face masks that may be worn during times when physical distancing is not feasible. The church will also have face masks available.
Initial Screening: Day 1 of Camp, all staff and campers will be screened for temperature reading by Camp Nurse. Any staff or camper with a temperature reading of 100.0 or more, will need to go home. Any staff or camper that exhibits any other symptons of illness will go home.
Daily temperature readings may be required.
Outdoor Activities: Outdoor activities will be prioritized this year to assist with maintaining physical distance and air ventilation. [Team stations in parking lot, morning and afternoon outdoor games on fields, outdoors lunch at team stations].
Small Groups: To the extent possible, children will remain in their small groups (teams) with dedicated counselors throughout the day in order to optimize physical distancing. (team meeting time, outdoor games, sanctuary meeting time, and lunch). Note: the CDC recommends limiting attendance to campers who live in the local geographic area to reduce risk of spread from areas with higher levels of Covid-19.
Hand washing: Proper hand washing will be required upon entering the Camp, after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose, before eating, after outdoor games, and after bathroom use. In the case where hand washing with soap and water is not possible, hand sanitizer will be used.
Shared Objects: Campers will not be allowed to use church water fountains.
Campers will not be allowed to share food, drink or any personal belongings.
Adequate supplies (eg. Pencils, pens, crayons, etc.) will be provided for each team station in order to minimize cross-touching.
Signage: Signage reminders will be posted throughout camper areas re: proper hand washing, coughing etiquette and physical distancing.
Cleaning and Disinfection: Volunteers(non-counselors) will be assigned multiple scheduled cleaning and disinfecting of bathrooms and all communal locations (doorknobs, handles, etc.). All equipment used (microphones, chairs, tables, props, etc.) will be sprayed with disinfectant solution immediately after use.