We share in your happiness as you formulate your wedding plans and begin the beautiful adventure of marriage. We are eager to serve you and to do our best to make your wedding day glorify God and become the joyous occasion that you anticipate.
We're here to help
The church's wedding coordinators will help you and communicate your plans to the necessary departments. You will be assigned a wedding coordinator as soon as the officiating minister confirms the wedding date. If you have not heard from her within two weeks of the minister’s approval, please contact Debi Ledford at 770-643-9223.
Steps to Getting Married at World Harvest Church
There are three requirements for getting married at World Harvest:
1) You must both be members
2) You must get couple counseling from one of our certified marriage facilitators
We recommend that you:
- Meet with the officiating minister as early as possible. The wedding coordinators will not be able to schedule your wedding until they have received the go-ahead from one of our ministers. Ministers who are able to perform weddings are Pastor Mirek Hufton, Pastor Linda Hufton, Pastor Chris Hufton, Pastor Willie Russell, Pastor Glenn Collis, Elder Eric Fox, Pastor Andre Van Rooi and Elder Ed Grimes.
- If you have not attended Membership class please plan to attend at your earliest opportunity. Membership Classes are offered the first Sunday of every other month. They are held in the upper level of the Legacy Center at 11:00 am.
- World Harvest Church conducts weddings as a service to its members. For a couple to be married through World Harvest, both bride and groom must be official members and regular attenders. If you attend WHC on a regular basis but have not gone through the process of becoming an official member, please plan to attend the next available class.
- The couple will be expected to participate in premarital counseling with one of our Marriage Ministry couples.
- The wedding director (Debi Ledford) will be responsible for confirming your wedding date. This will only be done after the minister has given her permission to set your date.
- No pets of any kind are allowed inside any WHC facility.
- The use of rice or birdseed is not allowed inside or outside any WHC facility.
- No smoking is allowed inside WHC’s buildings. Alcohol is not allowed on any WHC property.
- All couples will be assigned a WHC wedding coordinator to assist them and couples will make their plans under her supervision. You will find our coordinators are knowledgeable and very helpful.
- Please notify the wedding director (Debi Ledford) as soon as possible if you decide to cancel or postpone your wedding.
- On occasion a couple will ask if a close friend or relative who is a minister can perform the wedding here at WHC. While this may be possible, in such cases you will need to speak with a pastor here at the church to get permission. A WHC pastor is always the final authority for weddings held at WHC.
Facilities and Fees:
All fees quoted include the church’s expense for the wedding coordinator, maintenance, cooling and heating, custodial care, sound and lighting technicians, setup and take down.
The cost to get married at WHC typically ranges from $300-$800 for the ceremony. There is no set fee for the minister. Couples customarily give the minister an honorarium of their choosing.
We also offer the option and will provide a space for a simple cake and coffee reception. You are responsible for the cake and beverages and for the set up and clean-up of any refreshments. Any reception that requires additional food, table seating, entertainment etc., must be held off campus.